Episode005: When you go to Dubai at the hottest time of the year
While Catie has been to Dubai a few times before, last summer was our first time to go together. We went foremost for Catie’s work, but also got the chance to visit our good friends who just happen to live there! Jason talks (in depth) about the tallest building in the world. We also chat about some things we(mostly Catie) wished we could have done. Biggest reason we didn’t? It was just so darn hot. Desert + Summer = HEAT. Fortunately for us, modern day desert visits means air conditioning everywhere – including the metro. We were super thankful, but most of all we were thankful for getting the chance to see our friends.
Learn about Dubai here.
What we did:
- Burj Al Arab
- Escape Room
- Burj Khalifa – tallest building in the world
- Watch a time-lapse of the Address Hotel on fire
- Dubai Museum and Al Fahidi Fort
- Old-town Dubai and Souk
- Dubai Mall – If you fancy, you can watch a 2 minute video (with pleasant elevator music).
- Mall of the Emirates
- Ibn Battuta – History/Travels
- Escape Room
- Palm Dubai
- World Islands – video about it and you can buy one here
Other must that we didn’t do cause it was just too hot or no time!
- The “Big Bus Tour”
- Arabian Adventures Desert Safari
- Wild Wadi Park
- Aqua Adventure Waterpark at Atlantis Resort
While you are here, will you consider being a part of our fun? Subscribing to our website will mean you won’t miss an update and joining in on the adventure via Facebook means you will get the first scoop and discussion on new podcasts!
We are now on iTunes!
POP OVER TO LEAVE US A REVIEW ON ITUNES. This helps others find our podcast!
How to leave an iTunes review from an iOS device:
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app
- Tap the Search tab
- Enter the name of the Podcast you want to rate or review
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right
- Tap the album art for the podcast
- Tap the Reviews Tab
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom
- Enter your iTunes password to login
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.
(We totally understand… it’s a process. But we appreciate it more than you know!)