Episode042: When you host your first adult Thanksgiving
Welcome back and Happy Thanksgiving to all the Americans and Canadians out there! In Episode042, we chat about our experience hosting our first Thanksgiving Party in Turkey. The 30 plus friends from 7 different countries that gathered in our home for this celebration made for a lively and enjoyable evening!
But most of this episode is about our weekend trip to the white hills of Pammukale, also known as ‘Cotton Castle.’ Along with our German friends, we made a loop drive covering the ancient cities of Sardis and Philidelphia along the 3.5-hour drive to Pammukale and Hieropolis. On our return, we checked out another ancient city of Laodicea. Needless to say, we have covered our quota of ancient ruin sightseeing for November!
Did you know we have Pinterest? We would love for you to follow us there! I have all our Thanksgiving links and travel links there!
Where we stayed: Venus Suite Hotel – Amazing breakfast!
Questions for the listeners:
- In your opinion, what makes a party an ‘Adult’ or ‘Grown-Up’ Party?
- How did you spend your Thanksgiving?
- Have you been to Pammukale, Turkey?
- Have you been to any of the 7 churches of Revelation?
As always, email us your questions and we will answer them in a future episode!
Like this podcast episode? Share it!
EXPAT: Going Home Series – 6 part series
- The Going Home Series is all about how you can have the best visit back ‘home’. Catie covers both sides of the spectrum to help both those in the native country and those living abroad have an easier time reconnecting and supporting each other.
- If you are an expat going back to your native country, this is for you!
- If you are someone who will be visiting returning expats, this is for you too!
Stay tuned for upcoming articles:
WRITING: Article featured on Footprint Traveller Tales
TRAVEL: Randevu in Romania
TURKEY: Handmade Lace at the Tire Market
TURKEY: The forgotten gem of Sagalassos
If you are just now joining in:
We are on iTunes!
POP OVER TO LEAVE US A REVIEW ON ITUNES. This helps others find our podcast!